Marketing Monitoring, Brewery Sector
NAVIGATOR monitored the implementation of a $ 60 million business plan, which included the disbursement of a $ 40 million loan provided by an International Financial Institution to Ukraine’s largest brewery.
In 1999, the client had an annual turnover of $ 110 million and a brewing capacity of 50 million hectolitres. It was also the first company to be privatised in Ukraine, and between 1998-2003 was the largest private contributor to Kyiv’s tax authority.
Our responsibilities included:
- The design and implementation of a comprehensive 360° marketing monitoring framework, including sales analysis, staffing, organizational structure and annual budget disbursement;
- Review of external market share analysis from AC Nielsen and similar agencies;
- Development of a distribution centre auditing programme in regional cities such as Zaporizhya, Dnepropetrovsk, Donetsk, Kharkhiv and Zhytomir;
- Review of sales and distribution strategy, including corporate credit policies, distribution methods and financial aspects of sales;
- Merchandising and retail analysis;
- Customer and distributor surveys;
- In-house competitive benchmarking;
- Comparison of national sales and sales trends to international trends;
- Business intelligence system development on the beer, low-alcoholic drinks, soft drinks and mineral water categories in Ukraine and Russia;
- Assessment of staff HR and salesforce competencies.