Small Countries in the Economic Crisis Conference
Navigator Consulting Group participated in the Small Countries in the Economic Crisis: Looking for a Way Out Conference held in Barcelona, Spain on May 25-27.
In May 2011, Philip Ammerman was invited to present the economic, financial and political situation relating to the Greek debt crisis at an international conference in Barcelona, Spain.
Organised under the auspices of His Excellency Artur Mas and the Government of Catalonia, the conference brought representatives from Greece, Ireland, Italy, Portugal and other countries to discuss issues such as:
Sustainability of public debt
Role and necessity of public debt haircuts and public debt restructuring
Role of European Union structural funds and other support
Moral hazard in the European banking sector
The conference was attended by over 1,000 participants from Catalonia, Spain and Europe.
At the conference, Philip Ammerman presented a comprehensive investigation of the origins and basic dimensions of Greek public debt, as well as a recommendation for national turn-around and recovery.
This is focused on 12 main areas for structural reform and investment promotion in Greece:
1. Greek Public Sector Fiscal Adjustment & Restructuring
2. Greek Privatisation Programme
3. Greek Investment Promotion
4. Greek Tax Reform
5. Greek Energy Sector Strategy
6. Greek Tourism Sector Strategy
7. Greek Shipping Sector Strategy
8. Greek Property Sector Strategy
9. Greek Agricultural Sector Strategy
10. Greek Natural Resources Strategy
11. Greek Public Sector Restructuring
12. Greek Judicial Reform
The presentation is available for free download here:
Date of Engagement:
Countries of Operation:
Business Function:Investment Advisory Services