Tue, 19 Oct|
Omnichannel One-to-One Marketing in Cyprus in the COVID Era
Navigator Consulting and Cyprus Chamber of Commerce and Industry is organising a training on Deploying Best Practices in Omnichannel One-to-One Methods for Greater Customer Engagement and Return
Time & Location
19 Oct 2021, 08:30 – 20 Oct 2021, 17:30
Nicosia, Arch. Makarios III Ave 98, Nicosia 1077, Cyprus
About the Event
Cypriot suppliers and customers have endured over 12 months of continual uncertainty, lockdown and paralysis introduced by the COVID-19 Pandemic. Entire sectors, such as tourism or catering, have seen an 80% drop in income and sales operations, while many individual vendors decided not to open in 2020 at all.
Cypriot companies across all sectors are confronted with a significant challenge: How can they engage effectively with customers in the post-COVID era?
This post-COVID or COVID-recovery period will therefore hold special challenges for Cypriot suppliers. The main challenges include:
a. Ensure that Cypriot and international customers are offered a seamless and high-quality sales experience through online and in-person sales channels;
b. Ensure that the appropriate value is provided to the appropriate customer segment or audience (this includes value for the vendor as well as value for the customer);
c. Ensure that a complete range of marketing and sales activities can be effectively deployed while tracking ROI across each activity, campaign and channel.
In order to respond to this challenge, we have adapted two marketing approaches to the challenges and opportunities of the late 2021 Pandemic recovery. These include:
- Omnichannel Marketing: the process of providing an integrated and strategic customer experience to customers across multiple communications and sales channels;
- One-to-one Marketing: the process of defining a highly-focussed and segmented sales approach for small groups of customers: these can actually be single customers, or micro-niches of customers, or segments. All offers are customised and personalised for each customer or segment: all results are tracked using online software to determine which offers are most effective in terms of opening and conversion.
Both approaches are adapted to the analytical and return-on-investment (ROI) techniques available to any Cypriot enterprise capable of using tools such as Google Analytics, Google Console and other conversion or analytical technology.
Participants in the course will be expected to master the following subjects and skills:
1. Understanding of where we are in the COVID Pandemic cycle and what can be expected in late 2021 and 2022. Impact of COVID on online and offline sales and marketing, customer expectations and consumer behaviour in Cyprus and other markets.
2. Analysis of historical customer sales and profitability as well as other demographic factors that illuminate responsiveness and behaviour. This analysis will be done using current online and strategic customer segmentation as practiced by benchmark firms in this sector, using tools and methods accessible to Cypriot companies.
3. Development of specialised sectors(niche) or micro segments (micro segments) of the market and creation of offers. This includes segments of one. This includes segmentation based on profitability, sales responsiveness, share of purchase, purchase variability, demographic factors as well as factors specific to each segment.
4. Analysis of the strategic marketing cycle, including both online and offline marketing (i.e. above-the-line and below-the-line marketing), and the results and tools expected in each type.
5. Introduction of omnichannel marketing and linking this approach to historic customer sales campaigns as well as the strategic marketing cycle. This involves a careful analysis of the messaging, reach, costs and potential returns of all marketing channels, including digital, content marketing, advertising, SEO, etc. combined with mainstream media (television, radio, print); below-the-line marketing; loyalty marketing; and in-channel marketing.
6. Introduction of one-to-one marketing adapted to B2B and B2C segments. Understanding the concept of strategic selling, together with developing tightly-defined customer segments and experimenting with marketing messages, channels and offers.
7. Development of personalised marketing to each segment, for individual customers and groups. This includes continual testing of marketing offers (A / B testing) oriented towards micro-segments as well as different messaging in the micro-segments. For example, testing of messaging designed to female versus male customers in the same micro-segment.
8. Detailed monitoring of results, data and activities of customers and visitors to the internet. These include direct conversions (eg special offer - website visit - account creation - website checkout. But it can include non-conversion metrics for companies that do not sell online. These include indicators such as special offer receptiveness, number of store visits, advertising responsiveness analysis, number of website visits, website engagement rates, and more.
9. Using free or freemium online tools such as Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Google Keyword Finder, Google Console, Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising, Facebook Audiences, ZohoCRM or Mixpanel (or similar programs) make online one-to-one and omnichannel marketing more effective.
10. Develop an Action Plan for at least one of five one-to-one/omnichannel campaigns:
a. High value segments (one-to-one marketing)
b. Bottom-of-the-pyramid segments
c. Cypriot vs. international segments
d. Lost account regeneration
e. Loyalty marketing.
Day 1: Introducing Omnichannel 1:1
08:45 - 09:15 Introduction: Marketing after COVID
09:15 - 11:00 Understanding Customer Behaviour
11:15 - 12:15 Buyer Personas Workshop
12:15 - 13:00 The Strategic Marketing Framework
14:00 - 15:45 Omnichannel Marketing
16:00 - 17:15 Technology Review
Day 2: Action Planning and Technology
08:45 - 10:00 Foundations of One-to-One Marketing
10:00 - 11:00 Monitoring and Analytics
11:15 - 13:00 Campaigns for Immediate Results
14:00 - 15:45 Action Planning Workshop
16:00 - 16:45 Action Planning Workshop Continuation
16:45 - 17:15 Conclusions & Discussion
All companies that participate receive a full-day consulting visit by the trainer. The company visit will be used to amplify and customise the training content. The in-company training will follow a structured framework and will be implemented together with each management team.
The trainer is Philip Ammerman. Philip is an experienced consultant and entrepreneur who has advised companies through a series of catastrophic downturns as well as high growth periods. Philip is an experienced investment advisor and has advised on over 120 business plans, corporate restructurings, mergers and recovery plans worth over € 6 billion. Philip is also active in digital transformation and tech start-ups. He has commissioned and managed major digital advertising campaigns, either on a stand-alone basis or in conjunction with broader advertising spend.