Establishment and Management of a Computer-Based Testing Centre
On behalf of the US Educational Foundation of Greece, Sylvan Prometric B.V. of The Netherlands, and Educational Testing Services Inc of Princeton, N.J. (one of the world’s largest educational testing organsations), NAVIGATOR established and managed a Computer-based Testing Centre (CBT) in Athens and Thessaloniki.
The Athens Centre comprised 52 PC testing stations, 2 servers and test administration facilitie; the Thessaloniki station comprised 18 stations, 2 servers. Tests delivered included: University Entrance Standardised Exams: GRE, GMAT, SAT; Language Certification Exams (TOEFL) and Vocational Standards & Competences Exams (various professional standards).
Our responsibilities included:
- Support for site selection, conversion, engineering management and installation
- Equipment (software, hardware, network, security) installation, verification and testing
- Staff identification, recruitment, training and management: 4 permanent, 12 part-time staff)
- Preparation of text administration to a level of over 20,000 tests per year
- Preparation of security and examination protocols
- Training and certification of staff to required competence level
In 1999 – 2000, the Athens site was the largest testing site of this kind in Europe.